The MELANOM project covers the monitoring of expensive melanoma treatment in the Czech Republic. It is a multicenter system evaluating the course and results of the monitored medicinal products and the possible treatment sequence. Cancer care centers are collaborating on the project, which currently provide expensive treatment for patients with melanoma. The whole system is open for possible entry of other participants.
The sponsor and professional guarantor of the register is Czech Oncological Society ČLS JEP .
Ongoing data evaluation and feedback, which is thus obtained for physicians and healthcare management, meets the basic criteria of evidence-based medicine. All patients' rights are fully preserved and data collection is in accordance with GDPR.
The selection of patients who have a registry entry is the responsibility of the attending physician. Indications for diagnostic and treatment procedures, prescribing of medicines, monitoring and all other treatment decisions are not dependent on this project and are the full responsibility of the attending physician.
The primary goal is to monitor the total number of melanoma patients treated with expensive treatment in the Czech Republic.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatment being monitored and the treatment regimens used
- Analysis of patient survival in relation to the observed clinical factors
- Evaluation of the safety of the treatment being monitored
- Czech Oncological Society ČLS JEP (register approved on 17.12.2019)
- The guarantor of the register is doc. MUDr. Radek Lakomý, Ph.D.
- The Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses, s.r.o. , spin-off of Masaryk University, provides management and other service activities of this project
- MVDr. Renata Rouhová, project manager Ing. Petr Brabec, Ph.D., Managing Director